Engaging Spirituality: Testimonies
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me for God has anointed me to bring good news to the poor, to proclaim release to the captives, recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free and proclaim a year of God’s favor.” —Luke 4:18
Here are just a few reflections from ES participants.
- Amazing...a weekly adventure in community … a glimpse into the hearts of other strivers...an outward focus on the troubles of mankind..a more constant awareness of God...a deeper look into my own soul …
- WOW! I looked forward to meeting with my fellow believers every Wednesday night, and joining in contemplative prayer as a group. It gave me a sense of how the first 12 must have felt as they were called to follow Jesus, learn, stumble, pray, be together, and to take care of the invisible, disenfranchised, and poor.
- I was never one to dwell on the problems of the world, because I never thought I could be part of the solution. E.S. has taught me that even baby steps make a difference. I've joined several groups that reach out to the homeless and others issues on Justice and Peace.
- It was an amazing journey! The materials, like for JustFaith, were excellent. The Bearings letters were so inspiring and challenged us to want to do more for the coming of the Kingdom.
- Excellent program and process. Loved the deep prayerfulness and the challenging “Bearings,” readings, meditations. Powerful!
- It's all about holiness, is it not? Following in the footsteps our Jesus. Thanks for this rare opportunity to meet like minded souls who know that we cannot stand still while our brothers and sisters hunger.
- Words cannot express my feelings regarding Engaging Spirituality. It gave me a sense of community and a sense of communal good and caring. It also gave some sense of direction and purpose to my spiritual life.
- The overall experience has been life changing. It has brought me closer to God and has given me a desire to make a difference by serving my brothers and sisters. The process has taught me to take quiet time, to empty myself—to let God in.
- This has been the most meaningful experience of my spiritual journey! I'm in my 70s and am grateful to God for giving me this wonderful gift. God always knows the right time, place and circumstances to help a weary pilgrim.